Wednesday, July 15, 2020

My Front Porch

Click on photo to enlarge

1. The view from my front porch
is very peaceful and serene,
with SNOWFLAKES white in winter, 
and in summer leaves of green.
Flourishing in autumn, 
are brightly colored leaves
inviting me to rest and watch them 
dancing in the breeze.
Sunshine in the morning, 
and shade in afternoon,
affords me comfort day or evening, 
like a restful tune.

2. Springtime’s budding trees and FLOWERS, 
with each pastel bloom,
delightfully announce that summertime 
is coming soon.
With summer now beginning, 
the most cheerful chirping bird
conveys its joyful message happily, 
without a word.

3. BUTTERFLIES add color 
to the scene when they appear,
fluttering contentedly, 
until they disappear.
Cheerful squirrels and chipmunks, 
happily, play hide and seek,
as they scamper up the trees 
then stop to take a peek.
I seldom let a day go by 
without sitting outside,
for that is where I feel content 
and truly satisfied.

4. Some may have the urge to satisfy 
the need to roam,
but I seem to be happiest 
all snuggled safe at HOME.
As I relax, I find my porch 
the perfect size for me.
Not too large or small, 
I feel cozy and carefree.

5. I love the floral cushions on
my love seat and two chairs,
and small white wooden railing, 
on each side of the two stairs.
When I choose to stay indoors, 
though it be day or night, just
gazing through my picture window 
is a charming sight.
I also love my BACKYARD, 
sitting by a flaming torch,
but nothing brings more pleasure than, my cozy quaint font porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment